Sunday 24 May 2015

FAREWELL FROM AITAPE


The professed Sisters at St Clare’s Campus took me to lunch to the home of a family who
are friends of the Sisters. The children were helping to get their backyard area ready where
we had our meal on the river, overlooking the ocean.


The children belonging to the extended family. It was their grandmother who provided the meal.


Water view in the background with Rosie to my left and Clara to my right.


           Sitting enjoying my meal of freshly caught and cooked fish – three different species, cooked in three different ways. My glass is standing on a leaf that was provided for that purpose!


Beach view again with Schol and Rosie and the father (grandfather) of the family who owns the property that backs onto the river.


          THURSDAY FAREWELL FROM SISTERS, NOVICES AND POSTULANTS. This was the gift giving time after the meal and before the cake and ice cream. This is Clara giving me the St Clare Community gift of a T-Shirt. I wore it on Pentecost Sunday. You will see it in the next BLOG.


           Rayleen the Postulant gave a few words of thanks and a gift of a PNG T-Shirt which has “I Love PNG” in large print.
           The Novices gave me a lovely piece of material, with PNG design, to make a skirt. 


          Therry, from the PNG Leadership Team giving me a gift from the Team. Therry is the Postulant Directress. I had her Postulants for 4 weeks, so she was very appreciative for the extra time that that gave her.



           My chance to say thanks and to acknowledge, that I received more back for each of them, than I actually gave.


          Time to cut the cake and enjoy the ice cream which is a real treat, more so since it is so expensive K24.50 for a small container -that is around $12.

          Needless to say I enjoyed my time very much in Aitape. Now I am in Wewak and catching up on my BLOGS. I have two more nearly ready to post.


No comments:

Post a Comment